- This event has passed.
ICMCP National Conference of Minority Cybersecurity Professionals
March 23, 2016 - March 24, 2016
Met us or Missed Us at the Event? Visit our Event Page at LynxGRC.com/ICMCP to stay in touch.
Cybersecurity has been identified as one of the most serious economic and national security challenges we face across the world. Sadly however, there is global under-representation of women and other minorities in the fast-growing discipline of cyber security.This under-participation by large segments of our society represents a loss of opportunity for individuals, a loss of talent in the workforce, and a loss of creativity in shaping the future of cybersecurity. Not only is it a basic equity issue, but it threatens our global economic viability as a nation.
WHAT: The first-ever national conference to facilitate a national dialogue on the growing under-representation of women and traditionally underrepresented minority groups in the field of cybersecurity.
WHEN: March 23 – 24, 2016
WHO: Cybersecurity Executives, Cybersecurity Professionals, Exhibitors, Students, and aspiring Practitioners
WHERE: Washington Plaza Hotel, Wash DC
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Participate and contribute to the national dialogue effecting societal change in cyber minority under-representation
- Engage with a great lineup of thought-leaders from government, industry and academia leading and effecting societal change
- Network with peer industry professionals
- Learn from skilled minority cyber security practitioners sharing the latest tools, tactics, techniques and procedures of the statecraft
- Explore career perspectives through panel discussions
- Attend workshops focusing on academic excellence, professional development, leadership development and entrepreneurship
- Whether you are an existing security executive, cybersecurity practitioner, or student/professional aspiring to get into the profession – there is something for you.
Make sure to mark your calendars and save the date to attend this “Don’t miss event“!